You’ve moved into your new Rolwes Co home, now it’s time to show it off. After looking at floor plans, choosing your finishes and signing the closing paperwork, you deserve the ultimate housewarming party to show off your stunning new home.
Inviting your guests! Some things to consider are:
- Who are you inviting? You know you will invite your friends and family, but how about your new neighbors?
- What day and time will you have your party? Will you have an open house or a set time frame?
- Include directions to your new home. You can also include a map for easy reference.
A kitchen is the heart of the home and it’s no surprise that it is where your guests will gather. What will you serve?
- Finger foods are easy since your guests can stand and eat while chatting. If you are doing an open house style, this would be a great option. Stagger the dishes so you have enough food for all your guests.
- If you want a sit down meal, consider the number of guests coming and set table space accordingly.
- Don’t forget the beverages.
- Look at your new home and create a layout for where food and beverages will be during the party.
Guests will be looking at everything in your new home, including closets, cabinets and pantries. Take the time to tidy up all the spaces in your home.
- Make sure you have unpacked your boxes and put them in storage.
- Stock all your bathrooms with the necessary toilet paper, towels, soap, air fresheners, etc. Your guests will be using the bathrooms and these items should be easily accessible for them.
- Take out all trash before guests arrive.
Everyone is here to see your new home; how will you show it?
- Grand tours can be at set times for groups of guests all at one time. You take the group room to room showcasing the home and answering questions all at once.
- Individual tours allow you to take guests around as they arrive and get one on one time to chat with each of them.
Add the finishing touches to your party.
- Have music lightly playing in the background as your guests arrive.
- Have a guestbook out with a pen so your guests can write their name and contact information down. This will be a great help with those new neighbor’s names! And, it will also help you write thank you notes.
- After the party, write thank you notes to each of the attendees thanking them for coming and if they brought you a gift, thank them for that, too!
All that is left to do is relax and enjoy the party!
This post was written by Rolwes Co